1. Ahmad, Y.M. Shahlaby, E.A., and Shnan, N.T., 2011. The use of organic and inorganic cultures in improving vegetative growth, yield characters and antioxidant activity of roselle plants (Hibiscus sabdarifa L.). Journal of Biotechnology 10: 1988-1996
2. Aram, S., Faramarzi, A., Farbodi, M., and Khorshidi benam, M.B., 2009. Effect of livestock manure levels and planting date on yield and yield components of sweet corn in middle zone. Scientific Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz Branch 12: 2-11. (In Persian with English Summary)
3. Arnon, A.N., 1965. Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy Journal 23: 112-121.
4. Asadi, GH.A., Momen, A., Nourzadeh Nameghi, M., and Khorramdel, S., 2013. Effect of different levels of organic and chemical fertilizers on performance and nitrogen Performance Indices in psyllium (Plantago ovata Forsk.). Journal of Agricultural Science 4(5): 373-382. (In Persian with English Summary)
5. Bresso, L.M., Koch, C., Le Bissonnais, Y., Barriuso, E., and Lecomte, V., 2001. Soil surface structure stabilization by municipal waste compost application. Soil Science Society of America Journal 65:1804-1811.
6. Carruthers, K., Prithiviraj, B., Fe, Q., Cloutier, D., Martin, R.C., and Smith, D.L., 2000. Intercropping corn with soybean, lupin and forages: yield component responses. European Journal of Agronomy 12: 103–115.
7. Chen, C., Westcott, M., Neill, K., Wichman, D., and Knox, M., 2004. Row configuration and nitrogen application for barley–pea intercropping in Montana. Agronomy Journal 96:1730-1738.
8. Chiftchi, V., Togay, N., Togay, Y., and Dogan, Y., 2006. The effects of intercropping sowing systems with dry bean and maize on yield components. Journal of Agronomy 5: 53-56.
9. Dahiya, S.S., Antilands, R.S., and Arwasra, P.S.K., 2007. Effect of formyard manure and cadmium on the dry matter yield and nutrient uptake by Maize. Journal Indian Society Soil Science 32: 275-278.
10. Danaeifar, E.A., Kashani, G., Nourmohammadi, D., Nabati Ahmadi, A., and Siadat, A., 2001. Effects of plant density and sowing compounds on forage yield and quality in Ahvaz weather conditions. Pazhouhesh va Sazandegi 51: 50-53 (In Persian with English Summary)
11. Dehmardeh, M., 2010. Investigation of ecophysiological aspects of maize and bean pollen cultivars on the quality and quantity of single maize corn crops 704. Ph.D. Thesis in Agriculture. Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zabol, Iran. (In Persian with English Summary)
12. Delgado, M., Porcel, M., Miralles de-Imperial, R., Beltran, M., Beringola L., and Martin Sanchez, J., 2002. Sewage sludge compost fertilizer effect on maize yield and soil heavy metal concentration. Reviewed International Contaminated Ambient 18(3): 147- 150.
13. Fathi, G.A., 2006. Effects of planting pattern and population density on light extination coefficient, light interception and grain yield of Sweet Corn (Hybrid SC402). Journal of Agriculture Science and Natural Resource 12(5): 131-143. (In Persian with English Summary)
14. Griffe, P., Metha, S., and Shankar, D., 2003. Organic production of medicinal, aromatic and dye yielding plants (MADPs): forward, preface and introduction. Food and Agriculture Organization 2:52-63.
15. Gustave, N.M., Jean, F., Ois, L., and Xavier, D., 2008. Shoot and root competition in potato/maize intercropping, Effects on growth and yield. Environmental and Experimental Botany 64: 180-188.
16. Harivandy, M.R., Latifi, N., Zeinali, E., Feizabadi, A., and Shojaei, K., 2005. A study of the effect of rye population on reproductive characteristics and grain yield in wheat. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science 36(1): 38-51. (In Persian with English Summary)
17. Kolawale, G.O., Tian, G., and Singh, B.B., 2000. Differential response of cowpea varieties to aluminum and phosphorus application. Journal of Plant Nutrition 23:731-740.
18. Liang, Y., Si, J., Nikolic, M., Peng, Y., Chen, W., and Jiang, Y., 2005. Organic manure stimulates biological activity and barley growth in soil subject to secondary salinization. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 37: 1185–1195.
19. Lingaraju, B.S., Marer, B.S.S., and Chandrashekar, S.S., 2008. Studies on intercropping of maize and pigeon pea under rain fed conditions in northern transitional zone of Karnataka. Journal of Agricultural Science 21: 1-3.
20. Li-li, M., Li-zhen, Z., Si-ping, Z., Jochem, B.E., and Spiertz, H., 2015. Resource use efficiency, ecological intensification and sustainability of intercropping systems. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 14(8): 1542-1550.
21. Li, H., Feng, W.T., He, X.H., Zhu, P., Gao, H.J., Sun, N., and XU, M.G., 2017. Chemical fertilizers could be completely replaced by manure to maintain high maize yield and soil organic carbon (SOC) when SOC reaches a threshold in the Northeast China Plain. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 16(4): 937-946.
22. Manivannan, S., Balamurugan, M., Parthasarathi, K., Gunasekaran, G., and Ranganathan, L.S., 2009. Effect of vermicompost on soil fertility and crop productivity-Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). Journal of Environmental Biology 30: 275-281.
23. Mbah, E.U., and Muoneke, C.O., 2007. Effect of compound fertilizer on the yield and productivity of soybean and maize in soybean/ maize intercrop in southeastern Nigeria. Trop, and subtrop. Agro-ecosystems 7: 87-95.
24. Mbah, E.U., Muoneke, C.O., and Okpara, D.A., 2008. Evaluation of cassava (Manihot esculenta) planting methods and soybean (Glycine max) sowing dates on the yield performance of the component species in cassava/soybean intercrop under the humid tropical lowlands of southeastern Nigeria. African Journal of Biotechnology 8(1): 42-47.
25. Miyazawa, K., and shiozaki, H., 2000. The optimum amount of manure for long term application and adjustment of fertilizer use in thick high–humic andosolos in the south–west warm region of Japan. Bulletin of the Kyushu Nathan Agricultural Experiment Station 26(3): 187-220.
26. Mortvedt, J.J., 2003. Research techniques with micronutrient fertilizers for use in deficient crop production, National Fertilizer and Environmental Research Center Tennesee USA, 267-275.
27. Nakhzari Moghadam, A., Chaich, M.R., Mazaheri, D., Rahimian Mashhadi, H., Majnoon Hosseini, N., and Noriani, A.A., 2009. The Effects of Corn (Zea mays) and Green Gram (Vigna radiata) Intercropping on some quantity characteristics of forage and weed biomass. Iranian journal of field crop science 40(4): 113-121. (In Persian with English Summary)
28. Najafi, N., Mostafaei, M., Dabbagh, A., and Oustan, S., 2013. Effect of intercropping and farmyard manure on the growth, yield and protein concentration of corn, bean and bitter vetch. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production 23(1): 99-115. (In Persian with English Summary)
29. Nardi, S., Pizzeghello, D., Muscolo, A., and Vianello, A., 2002. Physiological effects of humic substances on higher plants. Soil Biological Biochemistry 34: 1527-1536.
30. Rahimian, H., Salahi Moghadam, M., and Golvi, M., 1992. Potato intercropping with corn and sunflower. Collection of Journals of Agricultural Science and Industry 6: 45-85. (In Persian with English Summary)
31. Rajaii, M., and Dahmardeh, M., 2014. The evaluation of corn and peanut intercropping on efficiency of use the environmental resource and soil fertility. Journal of Agricultural Science 6(4): 99-108.
32. Rezaei Chianeh, E., Dabbagh Mohammadi Nassab, M., Ghassemi-Golezani, K., and Aharizad, S., 2011. Study of some agronomical characteristics of maize in intercropping with faba bean. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production 2(21): 1-16. (In Persian with English Summary)
33. Roghanian, S., 2004. Studying the effects of garbage waste water and compost on some soil chemical properties and corn responses. Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science 1: 531-556. (In Persian with English Summary)
34. Roshan Zamir, F., Golvi, M., and Kamaraki, H., 2007. Effect of organic matter on yield and yield components of safflower cultivars. Proceedings of the Congress of Agronomy and Plant Breeding in Tehran, Tehran, Iran. p. 277 (In Persian with English Summary)
35. Sharifi, Y., Agha Alikhani, M., Modares Sanavi, A., and Soroush Zadeh, A., 2005. Effect of mixing ratio and plant density on forage production in mixed crop sorghum with blubber beans. Twelfth Iranian Congress of Agronomy and Plant Breeding. p. 352 (In Persian with English Summary)
36. Shaygan, M., Mazaheri, D., Rahimian Mashhadi H., and Peyghambari, S.A., 2008. Effect of planting date and intercropping maize (Zea mays L.) and foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.) on their grain yield and weeds control. Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences. 10(1): 31-46. (In Persian with English Summary)
37. Singer, J.W., Kohler, K.A., Liebman, M., Richard, T.L., Cambardella, C.A., and Buhler, D.D., 2004. Tillage and compost affect yield of corn, soybean and wheat and soil fertility. Agronomy Journal 96: 531-537.
38. Singer, W.J., Sally, S.D., and Meek, D.W., 2007. Tillage and compost effects on corn growth, nutrient accumulation, and grain yield. Agronomy Journal 99:80–87.
39. Singh, D., Chand, S., Anvar, M., and Patra, D., 2003. Effect of organic and inorganic amendment on growth and nutrient accumulation by isabgol (Plantago ovata) in sodic soil under greenhouse conditions. Aromat Plant Science 25: 414-419.
40. Singh, R.P., and Agrawal, M., 2008. Potential benefits and risks of land application of sewage sludge. Waste Management 28: 347-358.
41. Tartoura, A.H., 2010. Alleviation of oxidative-stress induced by drought through application of compost in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) plants. American-Eurasian Journal Agriculture Environment Science 9(2): 208-216.
42. Tsubo, M., Mukhala, E., Ogindo, H., and Walker, S., 2004. Productivity of maize-bean intercropping in a semi-arid region of South Africa. Water SA. 29: 381-388.
43. Tsubo, M., Walker, S., and Mukhala, E., 2011. Comparisons of radiation use efficiency of mono-/inter-cropping systems with different row orientations. Field Crops Research 71: 17–29.
44. Tuna, C., and Orak, A., 2007. The role of intercropping on yield potential of common vetch / oat cultivated in pure stand and mixtures. Journal of Agriculture Biological Science 2: 14-19.
45. Vandermeer, J., 1992. The ecology of intercropping. Great Britain at the University Press. Cambridge. p. 222.
46. Wang, X.C., Deng, X.Y., Pu, T., Song, C., Yong, T.W., Yang, F., Sun, X., Liu, W.G., Yan, Y.H., Du, J., Liu, J., Su, K., and Yang, W.Y., 2017. Contribution of interspecific interactions and phosphorus application to increasing soil phosphorus availability in relay intercropping systems. Field Crops Research 204: 12–22.
47. Yang, G., Aiwang, D., Jingsheng, S., Fusheng, L., Zugui, L., Hao, L., and Zhandong, L., 2009. Crop coefficient and water-use efficiency of winter wheat/spring maize strip intercropping. Field Crop Research 111: 65-73.
48. Zand, B., and Ghaffari Khaliq, H., 2002. Evaluation of grain sorghum-cowpea intercropping under different planting patterns. Proceeding of the 7th Iranian Congress of Crop Sciences, Karaj, Iran, 24-26 Aug. 2001. (In Persian with English Summary)
49. Zhang, F.S., and Li, L., 2003. Using competitive and facilitative interactions in intercropping system enhance crop productivity and nutrient use efficiency. Plant and Soil 248: 305–312.
50. Zhang, L., Spiertz, J.H.J., Zhang, S., Li, B., and Van Der Werf, W., 2008. Nitrogen economy in relay intercropping systems of wheat and cotton. Plant and Soil 303: 55–68.