1. Abedini, M., and Habibi Chaharborj, G., 2018. Effect of salicylic acid on some physiological and biochemical characteristics of Vitis venifera L. var. Ghizil Uzum under saline and non-saline conditions. Journal of Plant Process and Function 6(19): 207-218. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
2. Ahmadpour, A.R., Farhadi Bansouleh, B., and Ghobadi, M., 2017. Effects of deficit irrigation on growth trend, quantity and quality characteristics of maize in Kermanshah. Journal of Soil and Water Resources Conservation 6(3): 99-112. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
3. Alaousi- Sosse, B., Genet, P., Vinit–Dunand, F., Toussaint, M.L., Eproh, D., and Badot, P.M., 2004. Effect of copper on growth in cucumber plant (Cucumis sativus L.) and its relationship. Plant Science 166: 1213-1218.
4. Al-Hakimi, A.M.A., 2008. Effect of salicylic acid on biochemical changes in wheat plants under khat leaves residues. Plant, Soil and Environment 54: 288-293.
5. Apracio-Tejo, P., and Saches-Diase, M., 1982. Nodule and leaf nitrate reductase and nitrogen fixation in Medicago sativa L. under water stress. Plant Physiology 59: 479-482.
6. Arefi, S., Lariyazdi, H., and Amiri, H., 2017. Interaction study of copper and salicylic acid on carbohydrates, proline content and catalase activity in tow varieties of mung bean (Vigna radiata L.). Journal of Applied Biology 30(1): 95-111. (In Persian with English Summary)
7. Arfan, M., Athar, H.R., and Ashraf, M., 2007. Does exogenous application of salicylic acid through the rooting medium modulate growth and photosynthetic capacity in two differently adapted spring wheat cultivars under salt stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 164: 685-694. (In Persian with English Summary)
8. Arzani, H., Basiri, M., Khatibi, F., and Ghorbani G., 2006. Nutritive value of some Zaghros mountain rangeland species. Journal of Small Ruminant Research 65(12): 128-135.
9. Arzani, H., Torkan, J., Jafari, M., Jalili, A., and Nik-khah, A., 2001. Effects of phenological stages and ecological factors on forage quality of some range species. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science 32(2): 385-397. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
10. Bajii, M., Lutts, S., and Kinet, J., 2001. Water deficit effect on solute contribution to osmotic adjustment as a function of leaf ageing in three wheat cultivars performing differently in arid conditions. Plant Science 160: 669-681.
11. Barker, D.J., Sullivan, C.Y., and Moser, L.E., 1993. Water deficit effects on osmotic potential, cell wall elasticity and praline in five forage grasses. Agronomy Journal 85 270-275.
12. Brar, G., Kar, S., and Singh, N.T., 1990. Photosynthetic response of wheat to soil water deficits in tropic. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 164: 343-348.
13. Cakir, R., 2004. Effect of water stress at different developmental stages on vegetative and reproductive growth of corn. Field Crops Research 89(1): 1-16.
14. Chen, J., Cheng, Z., and Zhong, S., 2007. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid on growth and H2O2- metabolizing enzymes in rice seedlings lead stress. Journal of Environmental Sciences 19: 44-49.
15. Contreras- Govea, F.E., Muck, R.E., Armstrong, K.L., and Albrecht, K.A., 2009. Nutritive value of corn silage in mixture with climbing beans. Animal Feed Science and Technology 150: 1-8.
16. Debaeke, P., and Aboudrare, A., 2004. Adaptation of crop management to water-limited environment. European Journal of Agronomy 21: 433-446.
17. Dehghan, Z., Movahhedi Dehnavi, M., Balouchi, H., and Salehi, A., 2018. Effect of salicylic acid on some physiological characteristics of common purslane (Portulacea oleracea L). Journal of Plant Process and Function 7(23): 97-110. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
18. Dubey, R.S., and Singh, A.K., 2003. Salinity in duces accumulation of solumle sugars and alters the activity of sugers metabolicing enzgme in rice Plant. Plant Biology 42: 233–239.
19. Eraslan, F., Inal, A., Gunes, A., and Alpaslan, M., 2007. Impact of exogenous salicylic acid on growth, antioxidant activity and physiology of carrot plants subjected to combined salinity and boron toxicity. Scientia Horticulturae 113: 120–128.
20. Eshaghi Sardrood, S.N., Nasrollah Zadeh, S., and Bagheri Pirouz, A., 2014. Application of biological and chemical fertilizers on some qualitative and quantitative traits in forage sorghum. Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production 24(1): 46-56. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
21. Fariduddin, Q., Hayat, S., and Ahmad, A., 2003. Salicylic acid influences net photosynthetic rate, carboxylation efficiency, nitrate reductase activity and seed yield in Brassica juncea. Photosynthetica 41: 281-284.
22. Fazaieli, H., 1991. Determination of some chemical factors and grosse energy of feed resource in Guilan province, M.Sc. Thesis of Ranch, University of Tarbiat Modarres, Tehran, Iran. 225 p. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
23. Fribourg, H.A., 1995. Summer Annual Grasses. In R.F., Barnes, D.A. Miller and C.J. Nelson (Eds.). Forages an introduction to grassland agriculture. 5th ed. Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA. Vol. 1. p. 463-472.
24. Ghanbari, A., and Lee, H.C., 2003. Intercropped field beans (Vicia faba) and wheat (Triticum aestivum) for whole crop forage: Effect of nitrogen on forage yield and quality. Journal of Agriculture science Cambridge 138: 311-314.
25. Gunes, A., Inal, A., Alpaslan, M., Cicek, N., Guneri, E., Eraslan, F., and Guzelordu, T., 2005. Effects of exogenously applied salicylic acid on the induction of multiple stress tolerance and mineral nutrition in maize (Zea mays L.). Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 51: 687-695.
26. Habibi, G., 2012. Exogenous salicylic acid alleviates oxidative damage of barley plants under drought stress. Acta Biologica Szegediensis 56(1): 57-63.
27. Haji Hasani Asl, N., Moradi Aghdam, A., Shirani Rad, A.H., Hosseini, N., and Rassaei Far, M., 2010. Effect of drought stress on forage yield and agronomical characters of millet, sorghum and corn in delay cropping. Journal of Crop Production Research 2(1): 75-63. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
28. Hamada, A.M., and Al-Hakimi, A.M.A., 2001. Salicylic acid versus salinity-drought induced stress on wheat seedlings. Rostlinna Vyroba 47: 444-450.
29. Hopkins, W.G., and Huner, N.P.A., 2004. Introduction to Plant Physiology. John Wiley and Sons. Inc. Hoboken. N. J. USA. pp. 123-144.
30. Hopkins, W.G., and Huner, N.P.A., 2009. Introduction to plant physiology, Fourth Edition, John Wiley and Sons, Inc. New York, USA, pp. 503.
31. Horvath, E., Janda, T., Szalai, G., and Paldi, E., 2002. In vitro salicylic acid inhibition of catalase activity in maize: differences between the isoenzymes and a possible role in the induction of chilling tolerance. Plant Science 163: 1129- 1135. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780124250406
32. Jafari, A.A., Connolly, V., Frolich, A., and Walsh, E.K., 2003. A note on estimation of quality in perennial regress by near infrared spectroscopy. Trish Journal of Agricultural and Food Research 42: 293-299.
33. Jaleel, C.A., Manivannan, P., Kishorekumar, A., Sankar, B., Gopi, R., Somasundaram, R., and Panneerselvam, R., 2007. Alterations in osmoregulation, antioxidant enzymes and indole alkaloid levels in Catharanthus roseus exposed to water deficit. Colloids Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 59: 150–157.
34. Kafi, M., Borzoee, A., Kamandi, A., Masoumi A., and Nabati, J., 2009. Physiology of Environmental Stress in Plants. Jihad Daneshgahi of Mashhad Press, Mashhad, Iran. 504 pages. (In Persian)
35. Karami, S.; Hadi, H; Tajbaksh, M.; and Modarres-Sanavy, S.A.M., 2018. Effect of different levels of nitrogen and zeolite on chlorophyll content, quantity and quality of amaranth forage under deficit irrigation stress. Agricultural Crop Management 20(1): 67-84. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
36. Karimi, R., Hadi, H., and Tajbakhsh, M., 2016. Forage yield of sorghum under water deficit and foliar application of zinc sulphate and salicylic acid. Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production 26(2): 169-187. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
37. karimian, M.A., Galavi, M.; Dahmardeh, M., and Kafi, M., 2014. Effect of drought stress and different levels of potassium on quantitative and qualitative forage yield of Kochia (Kochia scoparia L.). New Findings Agriculture 8(3): 239-250. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
38. KaviKishor, P.B., and Sreenivasulu, N., 2014. Is proline accumulation per se correlated with stress tolerance or is proline homeostasis a more critical issue. Plant, Cell and Environment 37: 300-311.
39. Kavikishor, P.B., Songam, S., Amrutha, R.N., Sri, Laxmi, P., Naidu, K.R., Ruo, K.R.S.S., Rao, S., Reddy, K.J., Theriappan, P., and Steenivasulu, N., 2005. Regulation of praline biosynthesis, degradation, uptake and transport in higher plants, its implications in plant growth and abiotic stress tolerance. Current Science 88(3): 424-438.
40. Khan, W., Prithiviraj B., and Smith, D.L., 2003. Photosynthetic response of corn and soybean to foliar application of salicylates. Journal of Plant Physiology 160: 485-492.
41. Khodary, S.E.A., 2004. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, photosynthesis and carbohydrate metabolism in salt stressed maize plants. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 6: 5-8.
42. Kramer, P.J., 1983. Water relations of plants. New York Academic Press, New York. pp: 488.
43. Lewis, D.C., and Mc Farlane, J.D., 1986. Effect of foliar applied manganese on the growth of safflower and the diagnosis of manganese deficiency by plant issue and seed analysis. Australian Journal Agriculture Research 72(1): 57-59.
44. Linn, J.G., and Martin, N.P., 1993. Forage quality tests and interpretations. Minnesota Extension service. AGFO- 2637.
45. Lipiec, J., Doussan, C., Nosalewicz A., and Kondracka, K., 2013. Effect of drought and heat stresses on plant growth and yield: a review. International Agrophysics 27: 463-477.
46. Mehrabian Moghaddam, N., Arvin, M.J., Khajuee Nezhad, G., and Maghsoudi, K., 2011. Effect of salicylic acid on growth and forage and grain yield of maize under drought stress in field conditions. Seed and Plant Production 27(1): 41-55. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
47. Mittler, R., 2006. Abiotic stress, the field environment and stress combination. Trends in Plant Science 11: 15–19.
48. Mohamed, A., and Ahmed, L., 2010. Response of wheat cultivars to drought and salicylic acid. American-Eurasian Journal of Agronomy 3(1): 1-7.
49. Mohammadkhani, N., and Heidari, R., 2008. Drought-induced accumlation of soluble sugars and proline in two maize varieties. World Applied Sciences Journal 3: 448-453.
50. Nakhoda, B., Hashemi Dezfouli, A., and Banisadr, N., 2000. Water stress effects on forage yield and quality of pearl millet (Pennisetum americanum L. Leek. Var. Nutrifeed). Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science 31(4): 701-712. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
51. Nemeth, M., Janda, T., Hovarth, E., Paldi, E., and Szali, G., 2002. Exogenous salicylic acid increases polyamine content but may decrease drought tolerance in maize. Plant Science 162: 569-574.
52. Pancheva, T.V., Popova, L.P., and Uzunova, A.M., 1996. Effect of salicylic acid on growth and photosynthesis in barley plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 149: 57-63.
53. Paygozar, Y., Ghanbari, A., Heydari, M., and Tavassoli, A., 2009. Effect of foliar application of micronutrients on qualitative and quantitative characteristics of pearl millet (Pennisetum glacum) under drought stress. Journal of Corp Ecophysiology Agriculture Science 3(10): 67-79. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
54. Raei, Y., Jorat, M., Moghaddam, H., Chaichi, M.R., and Weisany, V., 2013. Effect of density on connotative and collective yield of forage sorghum under water limitation. Agricultural science and sustainable production 23(4.1): 51-65. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
55. Rahbari, A., Masood Sinaki, J., and Zarei, M., 2014. Effects of phosphate fertilizer and less irrigation on grain yield of the forage millet. Journals of Agronomy Sciences 5(10): 27-38. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
56. Ranjan, R., Bohra, S.P., and Jeet, A.M., 2001. Book of plant senescence. Jodhpur, Agrobios New York. pp. 18-42.
57. Rashnoo, M.H., Tahmasbi Sarvestani, Z., Heydari Sharifabad, H., Modares Sanavi, S.A.M., and Tavakkol Afshari, R., 2013. Effects of drought stress and foliar application of iron and zinc on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of two species of annual medics. Journal of Crop Production 6(1): 125-148. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
58. Raskin, I., 1992. Role of Salicylic acid in plants. Annual review of plant physiology. Plant Molecular Biology 43: 439-463.
59. Reddy, A.R., Chaitanya, K.V., and Vivekanandan, M., 2004. Drought induced responses of photosynthesis and antioxidant metabolism in higher plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 161: 1189-1202.
60. Reza, S,. Heidari, R., Zare, S., and Norastehnia, A., 2006. Antioxidant response of two salt-stressed barley varieties in the presence or absence of exogenous proline. General and Applied Plant Physiology 32(3-4): 233-251.
61. Sabaghpour, S.H., 2003. Mechanism of drought tolerance in crops. Agricultural aridity and drought scientific and extension quarterly of jahad agriculture, N0.10 winter 2004. pp. 21-32.
62. Safari, F., 2007. The effect of planting date and shrub density on forage foxtail millet, M.Sc. Dissertation, Faculty of Agriculture, Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University of Gorgan, Gorgan, Iran. (In Persian with Engish Summary)
63. Sasani, S., Jahansooz, M.R., and Ahmadi, A., 2004. The effects of deficit irrigation on water- use efficiency, yield and quality of forage pearl millet. Proceedings of the 4th international crop science congress. Brisbane, Australia, 26 sep –1 oct.
64. Senaranta, T., Touchell, D., Bumm, E., and Dixon, K., 2002. Acetylaslicylic (aspirin) and salicylic acid induce multiple stress tolerance in bean and tomato plants. Plant Growth Regulation 30: 157-161.
65. Shakirova, F.M., Sakhabutdinova, A.R., Bezrukova, M.V., and Fatkhutdinova, D.R., 2003. Changes in the hormonal status of wheat seedling induced by salicylic acid and salinity. Plant Science 164: 317-322.
66. Singh, B., and Usha, K., 2003. Salicylic acid induced physiological and biochemical changes in wheat seedlings under water stress. Plant Growth Regulation 39: 137-141.
67. Tolera, A., and Sundstol, F., 1999. Morphological fractions of maize stover harvested at different stages of grain maturity and nutritive value of different fravtions of the stover. Animal Feed Science and Technology 81(1–2): 1-16.
68. Torknejad, A., 1999. Evaluation of annual medics ecological in Iran. Ph.D. Thesis of Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran. (In Persian)
69. Umebese, C.E., Olatimilehin, T.O., and Ogunsusi, T.A., 2009. Salicylic acid protects nitrate reductase activity, growth and proline in amaranth and tomato plants during water deficit. American Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences 4: 224-229.
70. Verma, S., and Dubey, R.S., 2001. Effect of cadmiumon soluble sugars and enzymes of hair metabolism in rice. Biologia Plantarum 1: 117-123.
71. Wilson, J.R., 1983. Effect of water stress on in vitro dry matter digestibility and chemical composition of herbage of tropical pasture species. Australian Journal Agriculture Research 34: 377-390.
72. Yazdanpanah, S., Abasi, F., and Baghzadeh, A., 2010. Effect of salicylic acid and ascorbic acid on proline, sugar and protein content in Satureja hortensis L. under aridity stress. Proceeding of the First National Conference of Environmental Stress in Agricultural Science 28-29 June 2010. The University of Birjand, Iran. (In Persian)
73. Yuan, S., and Lin, H.H., 2008. Role of salicylic acid in plant abiotic stress. Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung 63: 313-320.
74. Zabet, M., Bahamin, S., Ghoreishi, S., Sadeghi, H., and Moosavi, S.G., 2014. Effect of deficit irrigation and nitrogen fertilizer on quantitative yield of aboveground part of forage pear millet (Pennisetum glaucum) in Birjand. Environmental Stresses in Crop Sciences 7(2): 187-194. (In Persian with Engish Summary)