1. Abrishami, M.H. 1997. Saffron of Iran. Toss Publications, Tehran, Iran. 320 pp. (In Persian)
2. Aghaei, M., and Rezagholizadeh, M. 2011. Iran's comparative advantage in production of saffron. Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development 25: 121-132. (In Persian with English Summary)
3. Amiri, M.E. 2008. Impact of animal manures and chemical fertilizers on yield components of saffron (Crocus sativus L.). American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Science 4: 274-279.
4. Behboodi, B.S., and Samadi, L. 2004. The morphological study of amyloplast distribution in Crocus sativus L. fibrous roots. ISHS Acta Horticulturae 650 (First International Symposium on Saffron Biology and Biotechnology): 49-54.
5. Behdani, M.A., Koocheki, A., Nassiri, M., and Rezvani Moghaddam, P. 2006. Evaluation of quantitative relationships between saffron yield and nutrition (on farm trial). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 3: 1-14. (In Persian with English Summary)
6. Behnia, M.R. 2009. Effect of planting methods and corm density in saffron (Crocus sativus L.) yield in damavand region. Pajouhesh and Sazandegi 79: 101–108. (In Persian with English Summary)
7. Caiola, M.G. 2004. Saffron reproductive biology. Acta Horticulturae 650 (First International Symposium on Saffron Biology and Biotechnology): 25-38.
8. Chen, S., Zhang, X., Pei, D., and Sun, H. 2005. Effects of corn straw mulching on soil temperature and soil evaporation of winter wheat field. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering 21: 171-173.
9. De-Los-Mozos-Pascual, M., Fernandez, J.A., and Roldan, M. 2010. Preserving biodiversity in saffron: The crocus bank project and the world saffron and Crocus collection. Acta Horticulturae 850 (Third International Symposium on Saffron: Forthcoming Challenges in Cultivation, Research and Economics): 23-28.
10. Foroughifar, H., and Pour Kasmani, M.E. 2002. Soil Science and Management. Ferdowsi University of Mashhad Press, Mashhad, Iran 336 pp. (Translated in Persian)
11. Giaccio, M. 2004. Crocetin from saffron: an active component of an ancient spice. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition 44: 155-172.
12. Izadi, Z., Ahmadvand, G., Esna-Ashari, M., and Piri, K. 2010. The effect of nitrogen and plant density on some growth characteristics, yield and essential oil in peppermint (Mentha piperita L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 8: 824-836. (In Persian with English Summary)
13. Jahan, M., and Jahani, M. 2007. The effects of chemical and organic fertilizers on saffron flowering. Acta Horticulturae 739: 81-86.
14. Javadzadeh, S.M. 2011. Prospects and problems for enhancing yield of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) in Iran. International Journal of Agriculture: Research and Review 1: 21-25.
15. Kafi, M. 2002. Saffron, production and processing. Zaban va Adab Publication. 276 pp (In Persian)
16. Koochaki, A., Tabrizi, L., Jahani, M., and Mohammad Abadi, A.A. 2012. An evaluation of the effect of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) corm planting rate and pattern on the crop's performance. Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science 42: 379-391. (In Persian with English Summary)
17. Koocheki, A., Jahani, M., Tabrizi, L., and Mohammad Abadi, A.A. 2011a. Investigation on the Effect of biofertilizer, chemical fertilizer and plant density on yield and corm criteria of saffron (Crocus sativus L.). Journal of Water and Soil 25: 196-206. (In Persian with English Summary)
18. Koocheki, A., Siahmarguee, A., Azizi, G., and Jahani, M. 2011 b. The effect of high density and depth of planting on agronomic characteristic of Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) and corms behavior. Journal of Agroecology 3: 36-49. (In Persian with English Summary)
19. Limon-Ortega, A., Govaerts, B., and Sayre, K.D. 2008. Straw management, crop rotation, and nitrogen source effect on wheat grain yield and nitrogen use efficiency. European Journal of Agronomy 29: 21-28.
20. Mando, A., Ouattara, B., Sedogo, M., Stroosnijder, L., Ouattara, K., Brussaard, L., and Vanlauwe, B. 2005. Long-term effect of tillage and manure application on soil organic fractions and crop performance under Sudano-Sahelian conditions. Soil and Tillage Research 80: 95-101.
21. Molina, R.V., Garcia-Luis, A., Coll, V., Ferrer, C., Valero, M., Navarro, Y., and Guardiola, J.L. 2004. Flower formation in the saffron Crocus (Crocus sativus L.). The role of temperature. Acta Horticulturae 650 (First International Symposium on Saffron Biology and Biotechnology): 39-48.
22. Naderi Darbaghshahi, M.R., Khajebashi, S.M., Banitaba, S.A., and Dehdashti, S.M. 2009. Effects of planting method, density and depth on yield and production period of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) in Isfahan region. Seed and Plant 24: 643-657. (In Persian with English Summary)
23. Nassiri Mahallati, M., Koocheki, A., Boroumand Rezazadeh, Z., and Tabrizi, L. 2007. Effects of corm size and storage period on allocation of assimilate in different parts of saffron plant (Crocus sativus L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 5: 155-166. (In Persian with English Summary)
24. Nehvi, F.A., Lone, A.A., Khan, M.A., and Maghdoomi, M.I. 2010. Comparative study on effect of nutrient management on growth and yield of saffron under temperate conditions of Keshmir. Acta Horticulturae 850 (Third International Symposium on Saffron: Forthcoming Challenges in Cultivation, Research and Economics): 165-170.
25. Omidi, H., Naghdibadi, H.A., Golzad, A., Torabi, H., and Fotoukian, M.H. 2009. The effect of chemical and bio-fertilizer source of nitrogen on qualitative and quantitative yield of saffron (Crocus sativus L.). Journal of Medicinal Plant 8: 98-109.
26. Pandey, D., Pandey, V.S., and Srivastava, R.P. 1979. A note on the effect of the size of corms on the sprouting and flowering of saffron. Progressive Horticulture 6: 89-92.
27. Rezvani Moghaddam, P., Mohammad Abadi, A.A., Fallahi, J., and Aghhavani Shajari, M. 2010. Effects of chemical and organic fertilizers on number of corm and stigma yield of saffron (Crocus sativus L.). 59th International Congress and Annual Meeting of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research.
28. Shahande, H. 1990. Evaluation of chemo-physical characteristic of soil due to saffron yield at Gonabad. Report of Khorasan Science and Technology Park. (In Persian)
29. Xi, L., Qian, Z., Xu, G., Zheng, S., Sun, S., Wen, N., Sheng, L., Shi, Y., and Zhang, Y. 2007. Beneficial impact of crocetin, a carotenoid from saffron, on insulin sensitivity in fructose-fed rats. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 18: 64-72.