1. Abasi, S.A.A., and Atilade, S.A. 2005. Sowing-date Studies on Maize (Zea mays L.) under Rainforest Conditions: Effects of sowing date on the vegetative and flowering stages. Department of Plant Science Obafemi Awolowo Univ. Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
2. Adam, H.S., Ageeb, O.A.A., Saunders, D.A., and Hettel, G.P. 1994. Temperature Analysis and Wheat Yields in the Gezira Scheme. Wheat in Heat-stressed Environments: Irrigated, Dry Area and Rice-Wheat Farming Systems. In: Proceedings of the International Conferences. Saunders, D.A. (ed.), Held at Wad Medani, Sudan, 1-4 Feb. 1993 and Dinajpur, Bangladesh, 13-15 Feb. 1994, pp. 143-145.
3. Allison, J.C.S., and Daynard, T.B. 1979. Effect of change in time of flowering, induced by altering photoperiod or temperature, on attributes related to yield in maize. Crop Science 19: 1-4.
4. Amholte, A.A., and Carter, P.R. 1987. Planting date and tillage effects on corn following corn. Agronomy 79: 746-751.
5. Bauer, P.J., and Carter, P.R. 1986. Effect of seeding date, plant density, moisture availability, and soil nitrogen fertility on maize kernel breakage susceptibility. Crop Science 26(6): 1220-1226.
6. Capristo, P.R., Rizzalli, R.H., and Andrade, F.H. 2007. Ecophysiological yield components of maize hybrids with contrasting maturity. Agronomy 99: 1111-1118.
7. Coligado, M.C., and Brown, D.M. 1975. Response of corn in the pretassel initiation period to temperature and photoperiod. Agricultural Meteorology 14: 357-367.
8. Dungan, G.H. 1974. Yield and bushel weight of corn grain as influenced by time of planting. Agronomy 36:166-170.
9. Genter, C.F., and Jones, G.D. 1970. Planting date and growing season effects and interaction on growth and yield of maize. Agronomy 62:760-761.
10. Gupta, S.C. 1985. Predicting corn planting dates for maboord and no-tillage in the corn belt. Agronomy 77:446-455.
11. Hicks, D.R., Benson, G.O., and Bullock, D. 1990. Corn Hybrid Maturity Management for the Centeral and Northern Corn Belt. National Corn Handbook. NCH. No., 37.
12. Lauer, J.G., Carter, P.R., Wood, T.M., Daniel, G.D., Robert, W., Rand, E., and Mlynarek, M.J. 1999. Corn hybrid response to planting date in the northern Corn Belt. Agronomy 91: 834–839.
13. Nielsen, R.L., Thomison, P.R., Brown, G.A., Halter, A.L., Wells, J., and Wuethrich, K.L. 2002. Delayed planting effects on flowering and grain maturation of dent corn. Agronomy 94: 549-558.
14. Pendelton, O.W., and Eyli, D.B. 1969. Potential yield of corn as affected by planting date. Agronomy 61:70-71.
15. Racz, F., Illes, O., Pok, I., Szőke, C., and Zsubori, Z. 2003. Role of sowing time in maize production (review). Agricultural Research Inst. of the Hung. Academic Science Martonvasar.
16. Russelle, M.P., Olson, R.A., and Hauck, R.D. 1987. Planting date and nitrogen management interactions in irrigated maize. Field Crops Research 16(4): 349-362.
17. Stevens, E.J, Stevens, S.L., Flowerday, A.D., Gardner, C.O., and Eskridge, K.M. 1986. Phenology of dent corn and popcorn. II. Influence of planting date on crop emergence and early growth stages. Agronomy Journal 78: 880-884.
18. Stoocksbury, D.E., and Michaels, P.J. 1994. Climate change and large-area corn yield in the south eastern united state. Agronomy Journal 86: 564-569