1. Afza, R., Hardarson, G., Zapata, F., and Danso, S.K.A., 1987. Effects of delayed soil and foliar N fertiliztion on yield and N2 fixation of soybean. Plant and Soil 3: 361-368.
2. Al-Barrak, K.M., 2006. Irrigation interval and nitrogen level effects on growth and yield of canola (Brassica napus L.). Science Journal of King Faisal University Basis of Applied Science 7(1): 87-103.
3. Al-Ithawi, B., Deibert, E.J., and Olson, R.A., 1980. Applied N and moisture level effects on yield, depth of root activity, and nutrient uptake by soybeans. Agronomy Journal 72: 827-832.
4. Amiri, E., Razavipour, T., and Bannayan, M., 2011. Evaluation of yield and water productivity in rice under irrigation management and plant density with use ORYZA2000 model. Electronic Journal of Crop Production 4(3): 1-19. (In Persian with English Summary)
5. Ather Nadeem, M., Iqbal, Z., Ayub, M., Mubeen, K., and Ibrahim, M., 2009. Effect of nitrogen application on forage yield and quality of maize sown alone and in mixture with legumes. Pakistani Journal of Life Society Science 7(2): 161-167.
6. Aziz, O., Hussain, S., Rizwan, M., Riaz, M., Bashir, S., Lin, L., Mehmood, S., Imran, M., Yaseen, R., and Guoan, L., 2018. Increasing water productivity, nitrogen economy, and grain yield of rice by water saving irrigation and Fertilizer-N management. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 25(17): 16601–16615.
7. Azizi, M., 1999. Effect of irrigation regimes and K fertilizer on agronomic, physiologic and biochemic characters of soybean. Ph.D. Thesis in Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran. (In Persian with English Summary)
8. Bouman, B.A.M., and Tuong, T.P., 2001. Field water management to save water and increase its productivity in irrigated lowland rice. Agriculture and Water Management 49(1, 2): 11-30.
9. Caliskan, S., Ozakaya, I., Caliskan, M.E., and Arslan, M., 2008. The effects of nitrogen and iron fertilization on growth, yield and fertilizer use efficiency of soybean in a Mediterranean-type soil. Field Crops Research 108: 126-132.
10. Carmelita, M., Albertoa, R., Wassmanna, R., Hiranob, T., Miyatac, A., Hatanob, R., Kumara, A., Padrea, A., and Amante, M., 2011. Comparisons of energy balance and evapotranspiration between flooded and aerobic rice fields in the Philippines. Agricultural Water Management 98: 1417–1430.
11. Dahatonde, B.N., 1995. Effect of NPK fertilization on growth and yield of paddy. PKV Research Journal 19: 184-185.
12. Darzi, A.A., Mirlotfi, S.M., Shahnazari, A., Ejlali, F., and Mahdian, M.H., 2013. Effect of surface and subsurface drainage in paddy fields on rice yield and its components. Iranian Journal of Water Research in Agriculture 26: 61-70. (In Persian with English Summary)
13. De Datta, S.K., and Gumez, K.A., 1980. Changes in phosphorus and potassium response in wetland rice soils in south and south-east Asia. International Rice Research Institute. Los Banos, Philippines.
14. Dibert, E.J., Bigercyo, M., and Olson, R.A., 1979. Utilization of N15 fertilizer by nodulating and nonnodulating soybean isolines. Agronomy Journal 71: 715-723.
15. Dobbermann, A., Cassman, K.G., Mamaril, C.P., and Sheehy, J.E., 1998. Management of phosphorus, potassium and sulfur in intensive, irrigated lowland rice. Field Crops Research 56: 113-138.
16. Egli, D.B., Guffy, R.G., and Leggett, J.E., 1985. Partitioning of assimilate between vegetative and reproductive growth in soybean. Agronomy Journal 77: 917-922.
17. Esfahani, M., S.M., Sadrzadeh, S.M., Kavoosi, M., and Dabagh- Mohammadi-Nasab, A., 2005. Study the effect of different levels of nitrogen and potassium fertilizers on yield, yield components and growth of rice cv. Khazar. Iranian Journal of Crop Science 7(3): 226-242. (In Persian with English Summary)
18. Faraji, F., Esfahani, M., Kavoosi, M., Nahvi, M., and Rabiei, B., 2011. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer application on grain yield and milling recovery of rice (Oryza sativa cv. Khazar). Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences 13(1): 61-77. (In Persian with English Summary)
19. Gardner, F.P., Pearce, R.B., and Mitchell, R.L., 2010. Physiology of Crop Plants. Scientific Publishers (India), Crops, 327 pp.
20. Ghobady, M., Jahanbin, S.H., Motalebifard, R., and Parvizi, K.H., 2011. Effect of Phosphorus biofertilizers on yield and yield components of potato. Journal of Management System 21(2): 117-130. (In Persian with English Summary)
21. Ghorbanli, M., Hashemi Moghaddam, S., and Fallah, A., 2006. Study of interaction effects of irrigation and nitrogen on some morphological and physiological characteristic of rice plant (Oryza sativa L.). Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(2): 415- 428. (In Persian with English Summary)
22. Gilani, A., and Absalan, S.A., 2004. Effects of different irrigation regimes on the performance level and growth of rice cultivars in Khuzestan. Final Report of the Research Project. Agricultural Research and Education Organization. (In Persian)
23. Ham, G.E., Liener, I.E., Evans, S.D., Frazier, R.D., and Nelson, W.W., 1975. Yield and composition of soybean seed as affected by N and S fertilization. Agronomy Journal 67: 293-297.
24. Iqbal, J., Cheema, A.A., Niazi, M.N., and Dogar, M.S., 1991. Response of potassium application to rice wheat in salt affected soils. Technique 8: 19-30.
25. Jahan, M., Nassiri Mahallati, M., Amiri, M.B., and Ehyayi, H.R., 2013. Radiation absorption and use efficiency of sesame as affected by biofertilizers inoculation in a low input cropping system. Industrial Crops and Products 43: 606-611.
26. Kadiyala, M.D.M., Jones, J.W., Mylavarapu, R.S., Li, Y.C., and Reddy, M.D., 2015. Identifying irrigation and nitrogen best management practices for aerobic rice–maize cropping system for semi-arid tropics using CERES-rice and maize models. Agricultural Water Management 149: 23-32.
27. Karimi, M.M., and Siddique, K.H.M., 1991. Crop growth and relative growth rates of old and modern wheat cultivars. Australian Journal of Agriculture Research 42: 13-20.
28. Katoh, M., Iwata, A., Shaku, I., Nakajima, Y., Matsuya, K., and Kimura, M., 2003.Impact of water percolation on nutrient leaching from an irrigated paddy field in Japan. Soil Use and Management 19: 298-304.
29. Kaushal, T., Onda, M., Ito, S., Yamazaki, A., Fujikake, H., Ohtake, N., Sueyoshi, K., Takahashi, Y., and Ohyama, T., 2006. Effect of placement of slow- release fertilizer (Lime nitrogen) applied at different rates on growth, N2 fixation and yield of soybean (Glycine max). Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 192: 417-426.
30. Keshavarz Afshar, R., Chaichi, M.R., Alipour Jahangiri, A., Ansari Jovini, M., Moghaddam, H., Ehteshami, S.M.R., and Khavazi, K., 2011. Effects of foliar application of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria on forage and grain yield of forage sorghum (var. Speedfeed). Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science 42(3): 575-584. (In Persian with English Summary)
31. Kumudini, S.D., Hume, J., and Chu, G., 2001. Genetic improvement in short- season soybeans. Ι. Dry matter accumulation, partitioning, and leaf area duration. Crop Science 41: 391-398.
32. Lin, J.L., and Lin, T.L., 1985. Tiller number and leaf area index in rice community as influenced by planting density and N-fertilizer. Journal of the Agricultural Association of China 129: 14-34.
33. Lu, Z., and Neumann, P.M., 1998. Water- stressed maize, barley and rice seedling show species diversity in mechanisms of leaf growth inhibition. Journal of Experimental Botany 49(329): 1945-1952.
34. Makara, O., Basnayake, J., Tsubo, M., Fukai, S., Fisher, K.S., Cooper, M., and Nesbitt, H., 2006. Use of drought response index for identification of drought tolerant genotypes in rainfed lowland rice. Field Crops Research 1: 48-58.
35. Marschner, H., 1995. Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants. Academic Press London.
36. Matsuo, T., Kumazawa, K., Ishii, R., and Hirata, H., 1995. Science of the Rice. Food and Agriculture Policy Research Center.
37. Murata, Y., 1961. Studies on the photosynthesis of rice plant and culture significance. Bulletin of National Institute for Agriculture Science 9: 1-169.
38. Neumann, P.M., 1993. Rapid and reversible modification of extension capacity of cell walls in elongating maize leaf tissues responding to root addition and removal of NaCl. Plant, Cell and Environment 16: 1107-14.
39. Ntanos, D.A., and Koutroubas, S.D., 2002. Dry matter and N accumulation and translocation for Indica and Japonica rice under Mediterranean conditions. Field Crops Research 74: 93-101.
40. Ohnishi, M., Horie, T., Homma, K., Supapoj, N., Takano, H., and Yamamoto, S., 1999. Nitrogen management and cultivar effects on rice yield and nitrogen use efficiency in Northeast Thailand. Field Crops Research 64: 109-120.
41. Pantuwan, G., Fukai, S., Cooper, M., Rajatasereekul, S., O'Toole J.C., and Basnayake, J., 2004. Yield response of rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes to drought under rainfed lowlands. Field Crops Research 89: 281-297.
42. Parsa, M., Ganjali, A., Rezayeeanzadeh, A., and Nezami, A., 2011. Effect of supplemental irrigation on yield and yield components and correlation between varieties cultivated in spring chickpea. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 9(3): 310-321. (In Persian with English Summary)
43. Peng, S., 2000. Single-leaf and canopy photosynthesis of rice. In: J.E. Sheehy, P.L. Mitchell, and B. Hardy (Eds.). Redesigning Rice Photosynthesis to Increase Yield. International Rice Research Institute. Los Banos, Philippines.
44. Prasad, B., and Prasad, J., 1997. Response of rice to potassium application in calcareous soils. Journal of Potassium Research 13: 50-57.
45. Rezaei, M., and Nahvi, M., 2007. Effect of different irrigation management methods on water use efficiency and rice yield. Agricultural Science 1(9): 15-25.
46. Sahoo, N.C., and Guru, S.K., 1998. Physiological basis of yield variation in short duration cultivars of yield variation in short duration cultivars of rice. Indian Journal of Physiology 3: 36-41.
47. Sajadi Nik, R., and Yadavi, A.R., 2013. Effect of nitrogen fertilizer, vermicompost and nitroxin on growth indices, phonological stages and grain yield of sesame. Electronic Journal of Crop Production 6(2): 73-99. (In Persian with English Summary)
48. Starling, M.E, Wood, C.W., and Weaver, D.B., 1998. Starter nitrogen and growth habit effects on late-planted soybean. Agronomy Journal 90: 658-662.
49. Takahashi, Y., Chinushi, T., Nagumo, Y., Nakano, T., and Ohyama, T., 1991. Effect of deep placement of controlled release nitrogen fertilizer (coated urea) on growth, yield and nitrogen fixation of soybean plants. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 37: 223-231.
50. Takahashi, Y., Chinushi, T., Nakano, T., and Ohyama, T., 1992. Evaluation of N2 fixation and N absorption activity by relative Ureide method in field grown soybean plants with deep placement of coated urea. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 38: 699-708.
51. Touchton, J.T., and Rickerl, D.H., 1986. Soybean growth and yield response to starter fertilizers. Soil Science and Society of America Journal 50: 234-237.
52. Tuong, T.P., 1999. Productive water use in rice production: Opportunities and limitations. Journal of Crop Production 2: 241-264.
53. Uexkull, H.R.V., 1976. Fertilizing for high yield rice. International Potash Institute. Berne, Switzerland.
54. Van Iersel, M.W., 2000. Growth and maintenance respiration of Catharanthus roseus L. estimated from CO2 exchange. Journal of American Society of Hotriculture Science Acta Horticulture 519: 133-140.
55. Van Iersel, M.W., and Seymour, L., 2000. Growth respiration, maintenance respiration, and carbon fixation of vinca: a time series analysis. Journal of American Society of Horticulture Science 125(6): 702-706.
56. Wilson, C.E., Slaton, N.A., Dickson, P.A., Norman, R.J., and Wells, B.R., 1996. Rice response to phosphorus and potassium fertilizer application. Research Series- Arkansas Agricultural Experimental Station 450: 15-18.
57. Wood, C.W., Torbert, H.A., and Weaver, D.B., 1993. Nitrogen fertilizer effects on soybean growth, yield, and composition. Journal of Production Agriculture 6: 354-360.
58. Yang, X., Bouman, B.A.M., Wang, H., Wang, Z., and Zhao, J., 2005. Performance of temperate aerobic rice under different water regimes in North China. Agricultural Water Management 74: 107-122.
59. Yazdandoost Hamedani, M., 2003. A study of the effect of nitrogen rates on yield, yield components and nitrate accumulation in potato varieties. Iranian Journal of Agriculture Science 24(4): 977-985. (In Persian with English Summary)
60. Ying, J., Peng, S., He, Q., Yang, H., Yang, C., Visperas, R.M., and Cassman, K.G., 1998. Comparison of high-yield rice in tropical and subtropical environments. I. Determinants of grain and dry matter yields. Field Crops Research 57: 71-84.
61. Yoshida, S., 1975. Factors that limit the growth and yields of upland rice In: Major Research in upland Rice. IRRI. Los Banos. Philippines pp. 46-71
62. Yoshida, S., 1981. Fundamental of rice crop science. International Rice Research Institute. Los Baños, Philippines.
63. Yousefi Falakdehi, A., 2006. The interaction effect of water stress and salinity on yield of rice. M.Sc. Thesis in Department of Irrigation, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Shiraz, Shiraz, Iran. (In Persian with English Summary)